As I was reflecting on these girls' unique personality traits I thought about how different they are... and it can pretty much be summed up by the way each of them start their days.
Adelaide- up no later than 7am; she wakes up talking, laughing, singing.... all loudly; she starts saying "wanna walk" and "go bye bye" and "wanna eat" before I can even get my feet on the floor; she is an independent adventourous explorer ready to hit the ground running (literally) right away; she is determined, passionate, active, talkative, NOT quiet... and is like that all day until we force her to go to bed. =)
Lillian- we may hear her stir, coo and gurgle for a bit, then she'll fall back to sleep and that will go on for an hour until we go up and get her at 8 because I don't want her sleeping past that for schedule's sake (simultaneous naptimes are a huge blessing), she is laid back, calm, content, pleasant, easy to go down, happy to wake up on her own and just chill because that's her.... just chill. She loves to be held and is a snuggler but is also perfectly content to just hang out on her playmat, talk to her giraffe or Maui. Totally chill. And at night when it's time to go to bed... she just does, happy to, whatever, she's a go with the flow kinda girl.
The one similarity I do see in them right now (which can be said of most kids) is how much they love to sing and dance and although Lillian can't actually join in on her own to do those things right now I can totally tell she's going to by her smile and engaging look on her face. She can't wait to join us in our singing and dancing! And of course another similarity is their unsurpassing beauty and smiles! ;)
I love these two to pieces and love seeing the creativity of God through how He molds each one of them (and us)... for a specific purpose, design, and pray that they, by faith, would live their lives empowered by the Spirit to be who God calls and purposes them to be, and that we would provide a home where they would have the freedom to live in such a way- whether that be crazy or calm. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment